Here you find the useful links to the tools we like to use to manage and install SSL certificates.
Verify SSL certificate installation on your server
After you install an SSL certificate on your web server, you should always run an SSL check to verify that everything is set up correctly.
We recommend using the free SSL check tool from Qualys SSL Labs. It is a very reliable tool that will strip your SSL instalation and server down to its bare bones. You can select the option to hide public results if you prefer. It could take a minute or two to scan your site's SSL/TLS configuration on your web server.
- SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) - ssllabs.com/ssltest
- Certificate and CSR tests
What's My Chain Cert?
This site tests if your server is serving the correct certificate chain, tells you what chain you should be serving, and helps you configure your server to serve it.
- What's My Chain Cert? (By SSLMate) - whatsmychaincert.com
- DNS tests, CAA records
- The free DigiCert Certificate Utility for Windows - digicert.com
Other interesting links
- Certificate Search by Sectigo - crt.sh
- SSL and TLS Deployment Best Practices - github.com/ssllabs
- Web Security Cheat Sheet - infosec.mozilla.org
- Testing of security UI in web clients - badssl.com
- Certificate Transparency logs - certificate.transparency.dev/logs
- Analyse your HTTP response headers - securityheaders.com
- Check status codes, response headers, and redirect chains - httpstatus.io