Terms and Conditions
for online sales of SSL certificates, products and services via the websites at www.sslmentor.com.
- Introductory provisions
- Conclusion of the Purchase Agreement
- Rights and obligations when ordering an SSL/TLS certificate
- Price of services and payment terms
- Withdrawal from the purchase contract, cancellation of the order
- Other rights and obligations of the parties
- Protection of personal data
- Final Provisions
I. Introductory provisions
- These business conditions (hereinafter referred to as "business conditions") of the company Web security s.r.o., with its registered office at Nové sady 988/2, 602 00 Brno, CZ, identification number: 06927351, entered in the Commercial Register, file number C 105154 kept at the Regional Court in Brno (hereinafter referred to as the "Seller") regulate in accordance with the provisions of §1751 paragraph 1 of Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code (hereinafter referred to as the "Civil Code") the mutual rights and obligations of the parties arising in connection with or under the purchase agreement (the "Purchase Agreement") concluded between the seller and another individual (the "buyer" or "the customer") through the seller's online store. The online store is operated by the seller on a website located at the internet address www.sslmentor.com (hereinafter referred to as "the website"), through the website interface ("web interface").
- Provisions deviating from the terms and conditions can be agreed in the purchase agreement. Deviating provisions in the purchase agreement take precedence over the provisions of the terms and conditions.
- The provisions of the Terms and Conditions are an integral part of the purchase agreement, usually concluded via distance communication (web interface).
- The wording of the terms and conditions may be changed or supplemented by the seller. A purchase contract that has already been concluded is subject to the terms and conditions that were valid and effective at the time the contract was concluded.
- By confirming or sending the order, the consumer agrees to these Terms and Conditions and their components (especially with the rules "30 days guarantee of repayment") and confirms that he has read and understood the text of those documents and the prices of the services.
II. Conclusion of the Purchase Agreement
- The SSLmentor web interface contains information about the services, including pricing for each service. Prices of services are listed without value added tax. The price is also always stated on the order form. The prices of the services remain valid as long as they are displayed in the web interface.
- All presentations of the services placed in the web interface are of an informative nature and the seller is not obliged to enter into a purchase agreement regarding these services. The provisions of §1732 para. 2 of the Civil Code shall not apply.
- To order services, the buyer fills in the order form in the web interface - order. The order form contains in particular:
- information about ordered services, number of pieces,
- Customer identification - company/name, ID number, registered office/address, contact person, telephone, method of payment of the purchase price of the goods (payment method) and
- Domain name and contact information needed to verify and issue an SSL certificate (collectively "Order").
- The buyer sends the order to the seller by clicking on the "Order" button. The data listed in the order they are deemed correct by the seller. The Seller shall immediately acknowledge receipt of the Order to the Buyer by email to the Buyer's email address specified in the order or in the user account ("Buyer's Email ").
- The Seller is entitled to reject or return an order that does not contain the above-specified details to the consumer for completion (within a reasonable time). The expiration of the deadline provided for replenishment means that the order is treated as if it had never been sent.
- By placing an order, the buyer agrees to these Terms and Conditions, accepts the offer and orders the subject of the order. An order is a draft purchase agreement or service agreement.
- Depending on the nature of the order (certificate type, purchase price), the seller is always entitled to ask the buyer for additional order confirmation.
- The contractual relationship between the seller and the buyer arises from the delivery of the acceptance of the order (s), which is sent by the seller to the buyer by email, to the buyer's email address.
III. Rights and obligations when ordering an SSL/TLS certificate
- SSL/TLS certificates (hereafter referred to as SSL) are mainly used to ensure secure communication on the Internet, data integrity and identity verification. For this reason, their issuance and operation are governed by safety rules, recommendations and regulations, which both the Seller and the Buyer must respect and follow.
- Ordering an SSL certificate is considered an individual service based on the customer's request in accordance with the provisions of Section 1837 of the Civil Code.
- The buyer is obliged to become acquainted with the conditions for ordering, issuing and using the security certificates of the Certification Authorities whose certificate he is ordering. The buyer undertakes to agree to these conditions and to abide by them. Links and information on the terms of the Certification Authorities are provided by the seller on the website, specifically on the "Terms & Conditions" page.
- In order for an SSL certificate to be issued, the Certification Authority must validate the applicant. The buyer is obliged to cooperate in the validation, or to actively ensure the cooperation of the person of the authorized applicant for SSL. If the Buyer for SSL is not the Buyer, the Buyer must inform the Applicant of all information and obligations to order SSL.
- If the SSL requester does not confirm the validation, does not submit the requested documents for validation or does not cooperate with the Certification Authority and the certificate is not issued more than 90 days from the order, the Seller has the right to withdraw from the contract, cancel the order and charge administrative costs of $25 (25€) or the price of the ordered SSL, if the price of the order does not exceed $25 (25€). The Buyer's right to a refund of the difference in payment is not affected.
- Specifications for multiyear SSL/TLS certificate orders
SSL certificate trust rules set the maximum certificate validity to 398 days. Orders for multi-year SSL certificates are issued valid for one year and month with subsequent renewal for free until the prepaid period is exhausted.
- The prepaid period cannot be shortened and you cannot request a refund for your unused amount.
- You cannot change domain names during the subscription period, only add new ones as the SAN if the ordered certificate allows it.
- Customer must ensure that the SSL certificate is renewed in a timely manner and validate according to current policies.
- If the customer does not renew the SSL certificate in the prepaid period, it is automatically entered about 3 days before the current expiration. This does not affect the condition of the need to ensure validation by the customer before issuing a new certificate.
IV. Price of services and payment terms
- The price of the services under the purchase agreement can be paid by the buyer using one of the offered payment methods listed on the SSLmentor website or in the order confirmation.
- The seller is a payer of value added tax. The total price of the order includes the current VAT.
- In the case of non-cash payment, the buyer is obliged to identify the payment by specifying the variable payment symbol (which is stated in the order) and pay the purchase price within five working days of sending the order. In the case of non-cash payment, the buyer's obligation to pay the purchase price is fulfilled when the relevant amount is credited to the seller's account.
- The seller will issue a tax document for paid services no later than 15 working days after receipt of payment and is sent only electronically.
- Any discounts on the price of services provided by the seller to the buyer cannot be combined with each other unless expressly stated otherwise.
V. Withdrawal from the purchase contract, cancellation of the order
- If the Buyer is a natural person-consumer, he has the right to withdraw from the purchase contract concluded in a distance manner, within 14 days from the date of ordering the service or taking over the goods. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, a User who, when ordering a product for the purpose of concluding a purchase contract, shall state his business name and identification number is not considered a Buyer - a natural person.
- The Buyer may exercise the right to withdraw from the purchase agreement by sending a statement to the seller's email address stating the date of ordering and identification of the service or goods, his name, address and the date of withdrawal.
- In the event of a valid withdrawal from the contract, but upon return of the damaged goods, the Seller may claim compensation from the Buyer to the extent of the damage to the goods.
- Seller will refund the payment received from Buyer (other than additional costs incurred as a result of Buyer's selected method of delivery other than the standard delivery offered by Seller) without undue delay upon receipt of the returned product or goods.
- Payment refund guarantee
- The buyer has the option to refund the SSL certificate up to 30 days after ordering.
- The exact rules of the "30-day money back guarantee" for the ordered SSL certificate are given on the SSLmentor project website.
- The "30 Day Payment Guarantee" offer may not apply to all SSL certificates and authorities.
VI. Other rights and obligations of the parties
- The buyer acquires ownership of the goods by paying the full purchase price of the goods.
- The Czech Trade Inspection Authority is responsible for out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes arising from the purchase contract. Its registered office at Štěpánská 567/15, 120 00 Prague 2, IČ: 000 20 869, Internet address: www.coi.cz .
- The seller is entitled to sell the goods on the basis of a trade license. The trade license control is performed by the relevant trade licensing office within its competence. The Office for Personal Data Protection supervises the area of personal data protection. The Czech Trade Inspection Authority, to a limited extent, supervises compliance with Act No. 634/1992 Coll., On Consumer Protection, as amended.
- The buyer hereby assumes the risk of a change of circumstances in the sense of §1765 paragraph 2 of the Civil Code.
VII. Protection of personal data
- The protection of personal data of the buyer, who is a natural person, is provided by Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the protection of personal data, as amended.
- The buyer agrees to the processing of the following personal data: name and surname, residential address, identification number, tax identification number, email address, telephone number (hereinafter collectively "personal data").
- The buyer agrees to the processing of personal data by the seller, for the purposes of exercising the rights and obligations under the purchase agreement and for the purposes of maintaining a user account. Unless the buyer chooses another option, he agrees to the processing of personal data by the seller also for the purpose of sending information and business messages to the buyer. Consent to the processing of personal data in full under this article is not a condition that would in itself preclude the conclusion of a purchase agreement.
- The buyer acknowledges that he is obliged to state his personal data (during registration, in his user account, when ordering from the web interface) correctly and truthfully and that he is obliged to inform the seller without undue delay about the change in his personal data.
- The Seller may authorize a third party to process the Buyer's personal data as a processor. Apart from the persons transporting the goods, personal data will not be passed on to third parties by the seller without the prior consent of the buyer. The Consumer already agrees that the Seller will communicate his personal data obtained in connection with the contractual relationship and registration, ie the data specified in the registration and order form to carriers or payment processors in order to contact the consumer by the courier, respecting applicable law, in particular Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the protection of personal data, as amended.
- The Buyer agrees that the Seller will process his personal data obtained in connection with the contractual relationship and registration, ie the data specified in the registration and order form for marketing and business purposes, and for this purpose may make them available (not commercially provided) to third parties. to entities cooperating with the seller to ensure marketing events, all while respecting applicable legislation, especially Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on personal data protection, as amended.
- By registering on the website and/or placing an order, the Buyer agrees to the Seller's right to use the data provided by it for marketing purposes within the SSLmentor project, for the development and improvement of services provided to customers, in particular by agreeing to send information related to goods. the Seller's services or business to the consumer's email address and further agrees to the sending of the Seller's business communications to the Buyer's email address.
- Personal information will be processed indefinitely. Personal data will be processed electronically in an automated manner or in hard copy in a non-automated manner.
- The buyer confirms that the personal data provided is accurate and that he has been informed that this is a voluntary provision of personal data.
- In the event that the Buyer believes that the seller or processor (Article XI.6) performs the processing of his personal data, which is contrary to the protection of private and personal life of the buyer with regard to the purpose of processing information or contrary to by law, the consumer is entitled to:
- Ask the seller or processor for an explanation.
- Require the seller or processor to remedy the situation.
- If the buyer requests information about the processing of his personal data, the seller is obliged to provide this information. In such a case, the Seller has the right to demand a reasonable payment for the provision of information, not exceeding the costs necessary for its provision.
- The Buyer may withdraw its consent to the sending of commercial communications at any time by sending an email to the Buyer's address or canceling the sending on his account.
- The consumer agrees to the storage of so-called cookies on his computer, which are essential for the proper functioning of the SSLmentor website.
VIII. Final Provisions
- If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid or ineffective, the invalid provision will be replaced by the provisions of Act No. 89/20012 Coll., The Civil Code, as amended, the meaning of which is as close as possible to the invalid provision. The invalidity or ineffectiveness of one provision shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.
- The purchase agreement is archived by the seller electronically (as an order) and is not publicly available.
- These terms and conditions take effect on the day of their publication on the SSLmentor.com website. Newer terms and conditions cancel the previously issued terms and conditions. Legal relationships based on these terms and conditions are always assessed according to the terms and conditions in force at the time of the legal relationship. Terms and conditions valid for an earlier period can be sent by email upon request.
- Other matters not listed here are governed by the Civil Code (No. 89/2012 Coll.), the Consumer Protection Act (No. 634/1992 Coll.) and other legal regulations, as amended.
- The contract and related issues are governed by Czech law and the place of jurisdiction is Brno.
These Terms and Conditions are effective as of 15 March 2022. On that date, all previous versions of these Terms and Conditions will expire.
Document version: 1.0 | Revision date: 15 March 2022